June 24th, 2014 by admin
As VoIP evolves over the years and moves into the "cloud," small businesses are leveraging VoIP in new ways to gain competitive advantages in their respective industries. The growth of virtual companies and remote workforces has brought everyone to the same playing field, and customers across every industry are looking to work with credible, prestigious, large companies.
Here are some ways in which cloud voice can make your business look bigger than it is today:
- A virtual receptionist -- Cloud-based phone systems today include features that completely eliminate the need for a receptionist. Systems can be configured in order to route calls directly to the intended employee via a unified auto-attendant.
- Unlimited Locations, 1 Office Number -- With cloud voice, calls to the main office can be sent out anywhere simply by asking the customer to dial an extension, just like how large corporations are doing.
- Seamless Conference Calls -- Cloud voice solutions enable businesses to host conferences during meetings so you can be “face-to-face” even when you can't be in the same location.
- Lightning-Fast Voicemails -- Cloud voice can convert voicemails into MP3 files, which can be sent as email attachments. Additionally, voice calls can be converted to text and vice versa for easier retrieval and communication.
- Collaborate on the Fly -- Cloud technology has made it easy for employees to see from their desktop what their co-workers are doing and how to best access them (e.g. instant message, voice, or email) so communication can happen immediately.
There are many advantages to moving a company to cloud voice. For small business, the rewards are plentiful because they can utilize the same technology as large enterprises for a fraction of the cost and make them look just as big.
Posted in: Cloud Solutions